Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access Reviewing Panel
CALL FOR SPR MEMBERSHIP NOMINATIONS
OPEN MAY 1 TO JULY 30, 2018
The nomination MUST be initiated on-line by the SPR nominating member, not by the nominee. After the nominating member starts the process and uploads both letters (nominating and seconding letters. Then the nominee information (training details, publication PDFs etc.) can be requested through the website.
- Many researchers want to join SPR but have never been nominated. Help your colleagues. Nominate a researcher today.
- With every new member, SPR's mission is advanced. We are creating a network of multi-disciplinary researchers to improve child health.
WHAT IS THE MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA?
- Have completed an advanced degree and typically are 3 or more years post fellowship
- Demonstrate an active engagement in productive, hypothesis-driven research in pediatrics or child health and ongoing commitment to the same.
- Demonstrate an independent research trajectory through publications, patents or leadership roles within collaborative teams
- Demonstrate leadership and substantive participation in the concept, design and execution of research of benefit to children
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
- All SPR members in good standing, with dues fully paid, but not current SPR officers or council members
- 2 SPR members are needed to submit a nomination: A proposing member and a seconding member; 1 member must be "Active" (less than 55 years old)
HOW ARE NEW MEMBERS SELECTED?
- SPR council will review all completed applications submitted by July 30, 2018 and will select new members at the fall council meeting
- New members are announced in December, membership is effective January 1
- Council decisions are final, but unsuccessful applicants may be re-nominated in subsequent years if they meet criteria.
HOW DO I MAKE A NOMINATION?
- Proposing member must contact nominees & seconding members
- For Nominee: Gather name and email address
- For Seconding member: Gather name, email address and letter
- Proposing member: Prepare nomination letter on institutional stationary with evidence of membership criteria met. Seconding letters may be less detailed, but both nominating and second letters should:
- Document completed advance degree(s)
- Demonstrate nominee's active engagement in productive, hypothesis-driven research in pediatrics or child health and ongoing commitment to the same
- Demonstrate nominee's independent research trajectory through publications, patents or leadership roles within collaborative teams
- Demonstrate nominee's leadership and substantive participation in the concept, design and execution of research of benefit to children
- When the above materials are assembled, the proposing member initiates the nomination.